In the News
FoSH is keen to represent The Community View.
These articles are presented to inform you of issues impacting on the harbour.
We hope they help you form an opinion.
- 21 August 2016
- RiverCats blamed for sinkholes emerging on Parramatta River shoreline
Residents say two sinkholes that have developed on a waterfront property on the Parramatta River in Sydney are a result of wash from the RiverCat ferries.
- 28 June 2016
- James Packer's Barangaroo tower receives final approval despite critical PAC report
The path has been cleared for construction of James Packer's $1.5 billion casino and apartment complex at Barangaroo, but only after a critical independent planning report recommended a number of changes to the project.
- 25 June 2016
- Sydney's planning storm is building to a tempest
There is currently a war raging on the public realm we call "city" and on the public voice we call democracy.
- 26 May 2016
- Sydney will be unrecognisable now that the planners have gone
A wrecking ball hangs over Sydney.
- 25 May 2016
- Tom Uren walking trail runs straight to the heart of Sydney Harbour
The Tom Uren trail in East Balmain honours the former federal Labor deputy leader's unceasing advocacy to protecting and expanding public access to Sydney Harbour.
- 18 April 2016
- Sydney's corals now bleaching in sign of warming waters
The unusual warmth in Sydney Harbour triggers coral bleaching for the first time on record, according to marine biologists.
- 3 March 2016
- Sewage to be spilled into Sydney Harbour
Sydney Water should not be reverting to building old-fashioned sewage outfalls that will pump untreated effluent into Sydney Harbour when so much has been done to clean it up, the New South Wales Opposition says.
- 12 February 2016
- 'We're on a collision course': Rowing NSW takes on state government
Rowers have raised safety concerns over a proposed new wharf on the increasingly congested Parramatta river.
- 24 November 2015
- New Sydney party boat will model its entertainment on the notorious Ibiza clubs
There's a new addition to the harbour with a permanent party boat set to rival the notorious clubs of Ibiza.
- 3 July 2015
- Marina for Cockatoo Island?
Cockatoo Island is steeped in history, is a ciommercial marina a good idea...email us your thoughts