In the News
FoSH is keen to represent The Community View.
These articles are presented to inform you of issues impacting on the harbour.
We hope they help you form an opinion.
- 1 December 2013
- New action group formed to protect the world's most beautiful harbour
FoSH was born from last year's attempt by a private helicopter company to have a floating heliport moored in the harbour.
- By AFLOAT
- 16 July 2013
- Court Rejects Long Island Helicopter Noise Routing Appeal
The U.S. Court of Appeals has unanimously upheld the FAA’s right to impose the mandatory overwater North Shore Route on helicopter traffic over New York’s Long Island.
- By Mark Huber, AIN Online
- 26 June 2013
- Sydney Harbour helipad fiasco exposes official bungles
A scathing report into the O'Farrell government's approval of a floating helipad in Sydney Harbour has identified numerous failures of communication and culture among wide layers of the state's bureaucracy.
- By Jacob Saulwick, SMH
- 1 May 2013
- Sydney Harbour Heliport Review Report (independent review)
"In the case of the Newcastle Helicopters proposal process, there were some concerning instances of apparent failures to accept either direct or shared organisational accountability."
- By Peter L D Loxton
- 23 December 2012
- No-fly zone: helipad plan grounded
The controversial Sydney Harbour floating heliport has been put on hold following a storm of criticism over the state government's handling of the project.
- By Jonathan Swan, SMH
- 21 December 2012
- Chopper plan in tailspin as harbour anger grows
Opponents of the helicopter platform may yet sink the plan
- By Deborah Snow and Jonathan Swan, SMH